Saturday 5 December 2015

2015 Blogmas 5.Christmas So Far

My Christmas so far has been filled with school work, writing Blogmas posts and decorating the house. A typical chaotic start to December! Have you had a similar start to this or completely different?
To begin with, for the past 2 weeks we have had mock exams to prepare us for the ones which are coming in the summer. This took up a lot of my time because I've had revision to do as well as keep on top of homework and coursework. I've been so tired lately I feel like I could sleep for a week!
One thing that I've been really enjoying lately is the amount of baking and making I've needed to do for this year's Blogmas (Day 2-Recipe for Christmas Ginger Spice Cupcakes - Read HERE, Day 7-DIY Impressive Snowflakes - Read HERE, Day 10-How to Make Delicious Salted Caramel - Read HERE and many more). Making sure that the recipe's were perfect was a bit annoying when it didn't work the way I wanted it to, but it was fun making the snowflakes and baking the cupcakes (it was even better eating them) because I got to take a break from school work and focus on something I love doing.

This past week my Christmas jumper (I only have one at the moment) has been getting a lot of use! I haven't worn it everyday but I have definitely tried to wear it whenever I can. I really love this one because it's thick and warm (unlike some Christmas Jumpers I've had in the past) so I can wear it on colder nights and also when I go Ice Skating on an evening with my friends. I always used to get cold easily but so far it hasn't happened while I've been wearing this jumper (as well as a coat and scarf usually).

I received this last year as a Christmas present from my sister.

Another thing that I love about Christmas is the excuse to go shopping for presents and get out of the house to see all of the decorations and new Christmas stock in the shops. This has definitely been a key activity during my free time this week. Earlier in the year I decided to finish all of my Christmas shopping early (I do this every year and still haven't managed to succeed once!) and so far most of the presents for my friends and family have been bought. The original plan was to finish buying before December so I could start saving for holidays and parties in the New Year, but that definitely didn't happen! If you are struggling for any ideas read Gift Ideas for Her- HERE and Gift Ideas for Him- HERE.
As well as all of this I have been busy helping to decorate the house, the main tree is up and the two little ones should be up by tomorrow. You will be able to see them all in Blogmas Day 6 - HERE.
Sadly, I still haven't had time to watch any of my favourite Christmas movies (Read about them-HERE) but hopefully I'll have some more time this week to watch some of them seeing as mocks are over and lots of my presents are already bought.
How has your Christmas been going so far?
Fiona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment