Tuesday 9 December 2014

Blogmas Day 9. Candles

I have always loved candles from a very young age. They mesmerised me and they always seemed to bring joy (whether at a birthday or at Christmas). Now I use candles more frequently. Last year I got a candle holder for Christmas that spun round when the candle was lit. It had hearts that hung from the top of it. When lit it creates a wonderful pattern on the walls.
(source)

At winter candles make your house feel warm and inviting. They also bring a sense of closeness with the people around you. If needed they also help to set the mood.

Scented ones can bring a lovely aroma to the house and even unscented ones smell nice (especially when blown out).  Different colours as well as scents are available, so you can customise your candle collection to suit the room.

I have been loving putting a couple of candles on and curling up on the sofa with a big blanket to watch a film in the evenings.
Fiona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment