Tuesday 23 December 2014

Blogmas Day 23. Make Up



As I have already said a million times this Blogmas, winter can dry your skin out loads!!! So its always best to wear make up (if you do) with moisturiser already built in, to prevent any dryness on your face which can be very painful if it gets too bad.

Bold red lips and subtle cat eye. Such a classic look that you can never go wrong with
(source)
Eyes and lips can be the most sensitive areas on your face so you need to be extra careful with these areas. I put a very small amount of un-fragranced moisturiser at the very edge of my eye (where the wing of eyeliner goes). This just stops the skin around my eye hurting (it might just be me who has this problem). For my lips I put lip balm on just before I go out or just before bed for really soft lips in the morning (see post).

I also find that around the edges of my nose can be quite dry so I put the same moisturiser mentioned earlier to sort this out. (Again its probably only me with this problem).

As always the key to perfect looking make up is: blend, blend, blend.
However this is more important in winter because your skin will be paler. If you tanned a lot in Summer, you might have to buy new make up shades for winter to suit your new skin tone. If the change isn't too drastic you might get away with it but you might also have to mix to shades to get your perfect colour.

Lots of people have ideal winter looks but for me this is it---->
A very natural, yet sunning look. The bold lips and eyeliner are perfect!

Berry coloured lips always look great in winter. With lipsticks and lip glosses always try to go for colours with a blue undertone/hint of a bluey colour because these colours will make your teeth look whiter than other colours (generally).

Do any of you have the same skin/make up problems as me?
Fiona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment